Critical Reflection on "Skills on Wheels"


I chose the “Building Relationships” module and the “Face to face Interview” module as I wanted to re-learn and sharpen my skills. Although it may sound common sense to most people, I believe there is a level of technicality involved. I felt the information provided through the interactive videos, the infographics and the quizzes involved were attractive, easy to understand and applicable to work or real-life settings. Despite effectively capturing the information presented, I was not able to attain full marks for all the activities in both modules. I had some difficulty with the activities that consists of the workplace scenario situations. However, I believe that it allowed me to think critically by giving an array of options in which I had to pick the most fitting answer. The review option also allowed me to go through the mistakes made which further deepened my understanding of the module.

This has allowed me to take a different approach in the event, I encounter a situation that is similar. It has enriched my learning experience as I have been in those positions before. For example, the interactive video during the face-to-face interview enabled me to understand both view points as an Interviewer and interviewee. The key learning points of the video will then be reinforced at the end. Thus, this increased my receptiveness of the modules.

I strongly believe that this will greatly benefit my preparation for the Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP) as well as, my every day practices. More importantly, it has raised my awareness of how I should portray myself in various real life situations. As a result, I am better able to maintain and fortify my relationships with people and behave professionally in a working environment.

Comments

  1. Thanks very much, Sarah, for this detailed review. You do a good job explaining your experience with Skills on Wheels (SOW). I'm happy to hear so much positive and I appreciate your honest reaction to the learning activities, videos and such.

    Was there any negative aspect to the nature of the web learning modules or your SOW experience?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts